
Well when we left Jeanne and Franks house we headed to the repair shop......again. I guess I have resigned myself to the fact that these shops are part of the RV experience and try to enjoy them. We were suppose to be at the shop for about 4-5 hours but it turned into 3 days.
It wasn't all bad. As we were getting ready to leave one evening the shop technician asked if we wanted some tickets to the Braves Minor league game that evening and so we went.

It was a lot of fun and we got to eat the best hot dog and a glass of beer. Can't beat the hot dogs at ball games.
From there we went to Red Bay, Alabama. The speed at which people move in Alabama is very slow. I am sure glad we retired.



This town is the home of the Tiffin Motor Home. So, we took a tour of the factory. This factory would not function in California because OSHA would be all over them. They allow you to walk anywhere you want while they are building these RV's. There was stuff all over the floor, workers standing under moving items. They haven't had an injury in over 200 days. It looks as though the employees like it there.
One other day we went to this quilt shop in Boonville, Mississippi.

The man that ran this shop was quite old . He got the business from his mother-in-law when she died.

There were 18 rooms of fabric and quilts that were tossed and thrown in a completely unorganized way. Well, not completely. He did have rooms of quilts and rooms of fabric. Each room messier than the last.
He cuts all the fabric by hand.

He measures the fabric with a wooded ruler and to make the fabric straight he used shop angle. He cut the fabric with scissors and has local women sew them together. He used to sew all the quilts himself.

This picture of the girl has 14 pieces all hand cut and packaged. Oh, his receipt is hand written and added with a very old adding machine.


His cash register was as old as everything else. This was one of the most fun shops I have ever visited and will go back next time I am in that area.

The fabric was so reasonably priced that we spent a fair amount of money. If I had some patterns I might have spent my whole SS check. :) As you can see Shirley and I left with our bag of goods, in a Christmas bag (because he said every day is Christmas). This is a shop neither one of us will ever forget.
We are moving on to Ashtown, Arkansas, but on the way we need to stop at another repair shop to have a water pump replaced :( You would think by now we have replaced every part on this RV!
By the way, I love the south.
No comments:
Post a Comment