I did manage to make two quilts, both the same kind with some scraps.
I haven't completely finished them but they were a lot of fun to do. There were no quilt shops within 60 miles of there that I could find. Walmart quit selling fabric and there was not even a Joanns for 60 miles. Boring town and not one I would want to live in. We were so close to the border of Mexico but with all the crime we didn't want to go there. I did get a little taste of it though because my iphone changed to kilometers. What the heck! And ATT could not change it back. I had to leave the area for it to be in miles again!
We left there and went to Tucson, Arizona to get the alignment done on the RV and one new tire. We also have a leak in the Aqua Hot but they couldn't get the part so we will have to do that in California. Well we haven't been to a repair shop in California so that should be exciting!
While the RV was in the shop I decided to go to a yarn shop to look at different kinds of yarn. Wow, there is some neat yarn. In the same mall was a quilt shop so I killed two bird with one stone and went to the quilt store. It was kind of interesting because they asked me if I felt comfortable spending money in their state. I told them I spend money in every state and multiple times :)
What they meant was with all this stuff going on between Arizona and California with the Immigration Laws that Arizona passed. Some of the people with Arizona plates are afraid to come to California. I guess I have been out of the loop because I didn't realize it was such a big deal.
Sammy on my new pillow sham I made
No comments:
Post a Comment