We started on our trip around the United States with our friends, Shirley and Neil. We met them in Mandan, North Dakota to start this trip. We visited a few days with Shirley’s sister. From there we went to Fargo North Dakota in a Wal-Mart shopping center so our Shirley could visit the evening with her cousin. The following day we arrived in Minnesota in a town called Little Falls. We are staying at a wonderful Army base in a beautiful RV site. If they had water, electric and sewer it would be one of our favorite parks. We took some day trips to St. Paul and Minneapolis touring the Capitol and the Cathedral of Saint Paul. We got there early because it was the weekend of the Republican convention and we didn’t want to get stuck in traffic with all those Republicans. The main reason for this trip was that St Paul has the largest mall in America. It was quite incredible with an amusement park in the center of it with Roller Coasters and many other rides. We walked only around one floor of the four floors and it took well over an hour. That was without any shopping. I don’t know how you could go to that mall and get anything done it was so big. They had at least 3 Starbucks alone in the mall!

From there we went to Sault Ste. Marie, MI. It is a beautiful area with so many lakes everywhere. We took a dinner cruise and went through the Soo Locks. I have never heard of them before but they were quite amazing. We were parked on the edge of the Lake and when you looked out the front window it felt and looked like you were on the water.
Today we are in St Clair, Michigan and are moving on tomorrow. I haven’t spent much time here because I took a flight to Santa Fe, NM to meet up with some girl friends from California. It was beautiful there and definitely a place to visit again. Tomorrow we move again.
I will try to update this blog weekly. We just seem to be so busy that there is not enough time in the day. I don’t know how I ever worked with so little time. So far we are having a great time.
No comments:
Post a Comment