
We are now about 30 miles north of San Antonio, Texas. I’m not sure what happened the last 4 weeks. Once we left Georgia it seems like the time just flew. I know we spent some time in Montgomery Alabama at Maxwell Air Force Base for two days because we saw the Capitol there.

Then we were near Abita Springs in Louisiana because I remember we drove across the 26 mile bridge that took us to the city going to New Orleans.

We went to see Bourbon Street and the French Quarter. The area is very dirty but they say it has been cleaned up since Katrina! It was quite interesting and I was glad I visited but I don’t think I would go back again.

I just loved these feathers and wanted to get several of them but I couldn't find a place to store them in the RV!


We also went to an alligator ranch called Insta-Gator Ranch and Hatchery. It was a great tour. The tour guide was very knowledgeable. He used to be a school teacher but I guess they make more money working with Alligators in Louisiana than teaching at schools.

When we left there we went to Baton Rough to see the capitol of Louisiana. Visiting the different Capitols is very interesting. Some are better than others but they have all been nice to see. We still have a lot more to see if we plan on seeing all 50 Capitols. Well, I guess we have the time.
The past 2 weeks we spent north of Houston at Lake Conroe. It rained a lot and we didn’t do to much. (I sewed a lot :)

We did take a nice 2 hour cruise on Lake Conroe.


One of the most interesting things so far was a meal we had of Crawfish. I wonder who thought there was enough meat in them to eat! It was quite strange and a lot of work.
No comments:
Post a Comment