The most exciting thing there was all the deer. They were everywhere. Neil bought a 50# bag of corn so we fed them a lot. Many of them took it right out of our hands. There were a lot of pregnant deer so we felt obligated to keep them nourished as well.
We also saw this amazing creature called a "Dung Beetle". Dung beetles feed exclusively on feces. They are known as rollers, noted for rolling dung into round balls, which are used as a food source. Other dung beetles, known as tunnelers, bury the dung wherever they find it. A third group, neither roll nor burrow, they simply live in manure. I'm glad I wasn't born a Dung Bettle!
We took a drive up to Kerrville in the Hill Country where they say that once RV people see the area they stop here for good. Well we kept going. It was a small town and what little we saw was OK. There was a very nice quilt shop there. I guess I could stay for that!
The following day we went to Bandera which is supposed to be the Cowboy Capitol of the World. We couldn’t believe it when we saw the town was closed on Sunday.
From there we went to St David, Arizona where it was so hot we could not do anything. Allie got an ear infection. $120.00 later and she’s doing fine. Last week we were in Ehrenberg, Arizona on the Colorado River. Again, too hot to do anything.
Today we moved to Lytle Creek, California.
No comments:
Post a Comment