I can’t believe that three of my grandkids are actually done with high school.
As you all know with the economy as it is, we too had to make some sacrifices. We had to downgrade our RV.
Boy did it require a lot of work. :)
Actually, this RV is now parked in Dawn's front yard and on my vacation we spent many hours trying to fix the leaks. It was actually raining inside the RV from the ceiling and the windows. We tore out all the carpets removed a large portion of the ceiling, to find all the leaks. We completely removed and replaced four of the windows and sealed them all up tightly.
Working on an RV is not much different than a house. Actually it might be fun to completely remodel that RV. Well we never did get the leak stopped but Dawn finally did it herself after painting the roof with a very thick rubbery paint. She now has to carpet and put back all the furniture. Hopefully she will keep us updated on photos as she completes the work.
You would think that Skyler did the work. I can assure you she did not!
The last 3 weeks have been filled with routine doctor and dentist visits. I also have been going to physical therapy for my neck, low back and foot. I need to get that all in shape so we can leave for the next year on our journeys without spending any time in doctors’ offices.
Jerry is having cataract surgery on Monday and then will schedule the next eye within the next couple weeks. So once this is all done we will be back on the road in good health. I wish I had a private physician like Michael Jackson so I wouldn’t have to take any of my personal time for doctor’s appointments.
Of course the dogs have had to have their routine visits and of course emergency visits as well. Sammy’s seizures are much better now on medications.
Well, hopefully we will be back on the road in August. We miss Neil and Shirley and Alley and Sammy really miss Harley. Once we start traveling again I will update the blog.
No comments:
Post a Comment