Thursday, July 30, 2009

7-29-09 Albany, Oregon

Since we arrived in California 3 months ago it has been a whirlwind trip. We completed all of our doctor’s visit. While physical therapy improved my neck, back and foot considerably, Jerry was lucky enough to get new eye sight after his cataract surgery on both eyes. Now he said he can see the road. :) Scary, I wonder what he saw before.

My friend Vicki had a get together at her house and invited many of the nurse practitioners I used to work with. I also spent some time with a lot of friends that I used to work with at Woodland Hills. It was very nice to see so many of my old friends. I really miss being so far away, but enjoying visiting with everyone every year when I return.

I was lucky enough to spend a lot of time with my brother Guy. It was so much fun doing things with him. We took a couple of hikes. One of the hikes with him and his son was a five mile hike. Last year Guy would not have made it to the start of the trail. This year with his 100# weight loss he hiked like a champ.It was so incredibly nice.

We also took a hike up Lytle Creek also with his sons and Danny.

Jacob liked to catch lizards which were easier than catching a fish at times.Yes, he let them all go and none were injured.

They all went fishing so we had fish for a snack. All of them fit in one skillet, so you can see they weren’t that big but they were tasty.

We spent time with our friends Brad and Sandy. Brad took us on a tour of his work location at Lockheed. It was one of the most interesting tours. Very high tech. These tours in the past have been usually reserved for only VIP officials but recently they allowed some others to see small portions of the plant. So after getting special picture ID’s made Brad showed us around to some of the areas.

We have arrived in Oregon for the start of our next trip across the country. We have met up with our good friends Neil and Shirley and after spending some time in Oregon we will start traveling east again.

No comments:

Post a Comment