Friday, May 13, 2011

May 13, 2011-Lake Conroe/Willis Texas

Oh wow, All I can say is the last three weeks have been very windy. We played pickleball almost every morning and I can’t tell if I am improving or not because of the wind.

In spite of all the wind we had a great time here. We had sun everyday so we had time to lay at the pool in the afternoons. For some reason the sun in Texas does not give you the same tan that you get in Florida.

Of course we seem to base part of how good the place we stay on the quality of restaurants, and the two nights prior to leaving have been great. On Tuesday night was a pizza place called the Incredible Pizza. Lots of food and only $3.99 each. The pizza was not great but not bad either. The restaurant was such a large arcade that we needed a couple of kids to make it more fun. Then we could have played some of the games because what else could you do when you have kids :).

Wednesday we went to a mexican restaurant called Los Pericos Mexican. The Mango margarita and chips were the best. I don’t know if the dinner was good but after the margaritas it seems really good.

We are headed to California and Neil and Shirley left for Oregon via North Dakota. I didn’t realize it was going to be so hard saying goodbye to our wonderful friends. We meet up again at the end of July in Oregon.

Our plans this year are to stay on the west coast somewhere!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment